Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Two and a wake up...


We are like three day from flying out of Iraq. Lat night MNSTC-I Commander MG XXXXXXX flew in and we had a little awards ceremony. We had just finish up my last patrol and of course got hit with an IED. I took a small piece of shrapnel in the face- barely enough to break the skin- but I looked cool for the deal.

This whole experience has been just so…I don’t even know what to call it…

Even though I am coming home I am going to continue to update this site for some time because I am sure I will have things I want to say and can’t right now. It’s just too overwhelming to think about rationally.

I am so looking forward to getting home.

Thanks to everyone for the support this last year.

Dutch- out

2 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Radiant Byrne said...

THANK GOD. You are finally coming home. This has been the longest year for you, your family, friends, and the rest of us. I look forward to hearing about your readjustment to the 'American' way of life - and to what you *really* think about what is going on.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger LiteraryAlchemist said...

Time to buy a new razor, man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home