Saturday, June 25, 2005

Soldier Humor

Nobody thought this is what it would be like. Nobody seriously thought his is the way it was going to be.

It's been like 55 days now- our guys out doing missions every day. Each mission about 18 to 24 hours long...how long can we continue this? How long before we are totally used up?

We have a board in our room that tracks the number of times each of us has been hit by either IEDs, VBIEDs, or small arms fire. It's a matter of honor as each patrol comes in to update the board. People argue I am tied for first. I say it's CPT T, because a couple of mine are iffy...some of the small arms fire is from the Iraqi police...

126 days in country. 42 missions. Sometime our luck is going to run out.

There is only 21 days until I go home on leave. I will have 15 days there to make love to my wife, play with my kids, chase my dog...

It will never be far from my mind...what is that bag on the side of the road? IED or trash? That person on the roof. Sniper... or girl hanging laundry?

When I get back...189 days left in country, with an option to renew...

We are all dead men walking. The lucky ones will have the sentence postponed.

God Damn you people.

1 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Qob said...

We love and appreciate you dutch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home