Monday, February 07, 2005

Recovery after intense action...

I have to admit- I wasn't ready for yesterday's serious fighting.

How the &#(&^!%)*^& Patriots won the Superbowl...at least I didn't loose any money on the point-spread.

We (the fam and I) had a busy weekend with three Superbowl Parties and a visit from 1/3 of Three Stooges. (Growing up I had two best friend...in fact we were all born with-in two weeks of each other...and we all now live in Texas). He had come down to see me before I left for Iraq. The other Stooge stopped by during the week.

Of course we all drank too much and ate too much...but I thought that was the point of being an American.

Our Team (back to Army stuff) is only a week out from our deployment. Hopefully we are as ready as we can be. We still have issues with weapons, and it looks like the Brigade is just gonna out-wait us and send us off without addressing those issues.

None of the equipment we've requested has been issued. We will have to make do with what we have- and pray that no-one dies because of the lack of it.

The bulk of our teams are already in Iraq and took part in the security operations during the election. Our LTC, who I will refer to from now on as Durot, sent us back an e-mail so we would know the dangers he faced. Let me quote here for a moment...

"We all felt like we were jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire."

"Naturally, we thought we were all doomed."

Um....it's not like they were fighting the battle of Stalingrad here folks...They were manning 9 Traffic Control Points. No one was hurt. They took 'harrassment small arms fire'. This is the guy I get to work for. Of course pandering one's own 'bravery' to the whole Division doesn't make you a schmuck...I'd already thought that of him shortly after we'd met...but doing so in prose fit only for Reader's Digest is. I just hope he remains inside the wire from now on and stays away from my team.

I wonder just what he thought he was going there for?

Anyway...I expect a bit of delay in the next update as I am not sure when we'll beable to log on in Iraq. However, as soon as I can I will be blogging from 'the combat zone!'

give me a break...

dutch508

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home